Nerdful Things – Playstation 5.00 Beta Codes
After many attempts and hopes that each time Sony drop a PS4 beta update I get an invite I finally get an e-mail today! Not only that, but I have two codes to give out so I figured I’d make it as fair as possible. So, what do you have to do? It’s simple really – like and share this blog post (it has to be on here and not the shared post to Facebook/Twitter) and drop a comment below. Two people will be picked randomly by midnight tonight.
What does 5.00 do?
Important notices for version 5.00 beta users
- To help us improve the quality of the system software, please provide feedback on any issues you encounter while playing games and using new features for version 5.00 beta. Please follow the instructions in the invitation for the version 5.00 beta testing program to submit your feedback
- Should unexpected issues occur when using version 5.00 beta, it is possible to downgrade your system software to the latest version of the official release. It is recommended that you back up your important data before installing version 5.00 beta so that you can return your system to the state prior to the installation.
Main features in version 5.00 beta update
- You can now add users of your PS4 as family members. This makes it easy to manage your child’s account information and to restrict PS4 features. To add family members, select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management].
- As the family manager, you can set up your family. Up to seven family members (including you) can be in your family and use online features. Multiple adults can be in your family. The family manager can make other adults in the family parents or guardians. The family manager and family members who are parents or guardians can adjust parental controls for the children in your family. You can configure parental control settings for each child. Using parental controls, you can restrict use of online features and communication with other players, set restrictions for games, restrict use of the Internet browser, and set spending limits for PlayStation Store.
- (Custom Lists) has been added to (Friends). Create custom lists to easily organize your Friends and choose players to send messages or game invitations to.
- For certain broadcasts, (Communities) now appears on the (Live from PlayStation) viewing screen. To access the broadcaster’s community, select (Communities).
- You can now view (Notifications) on the quick menu.
- The following languages have been added as system languages.
- Czech, Indonesian, Hungarian, Romanian, Vietnamese, Greek, Thai
- When broadcasting PlayStation VR gameplay, you can now see spectator comments on your VR headset screen.
Other features in version 5.00 beta
- For (Messages), screen layout has been improved, and the following features have been added.
- You can now receive music that has been shared with you as a message. Select the message to play the music.
- The following features have been added to the quick menu.
- You can now select [Leave This Party] to leave the party
- You can now see albums and playlists for songs playing in Spotify.
- A clock has been added.
- The following features have been added to (Settings) > [Notifications].
- You can now disable pop-up notifications during video playback.
- You can now choose the color of pop-up notifications.
- You can now choose to show or hide message details in notifications.
- You can now choose to broadcast in 1080p (60 fps) when using Twitch on your PlayStation 4 Pro.
- You can now enjoy Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD content in virtual surround sound when you connect headphones to PlayStation VR.
System software limitations of the 5.00 beta
Read the following limitations carefully before using the beta.
- The families feature is available only on PS4s with the 5.00 beta installed. During the beta, PCs and smartphones are not supported, and family-related support emails will not be sent.
- There are multiple ways to add family members to your family, but as of the 5.00 beta, you cannot add them via their sign-in IDs. Use a different method to add family members.
- When you try to add a family member, a family request will be sent to that person’s Sony Entertainment Network account. During the 5.00 beta, family requests can be received only on PS4s with the 5.00 beta installed. Once that person approves the family request, they become one of your family members.
- If you are in the United States or Canada, the first time you try to add a family member, a $0.50 charge is necessary to verify that you are an adult. During the charge process, if you don’t have a valid credit card registered, you’ll be asked to register one, but after you do, you won’t automatically return to the charge screen. Press the cancel button to manually return to the charge screen.
- Niconico Live broadcasts cannot be viewed on PS4s that have the system software version 5.00 beta installed.
- Niconico Live broadcasts streamed from PS4s that have system software version 5.00 beta installed cannot be viewed on other PS4s. To view the broadcasts, use a PC or a smartphone.
- This feature can be used only with other 5.00 beta users.
- Activity types that are new to the 5.00 beta are displayed only on the beta. These activity types are not displayed on PS4 systems with other system software versions, or on PlayStation App.
System software limitations after downgrading from the 5.00 beta
Read the following limitations carefully before downgrading the PS4.
- The content order on the home screen is initialized.
- Download links on the home screen (such as for SHAREfactory or Media Player) that you deleted are displayed again.
- Some items in [Notifications] are deleted.
- Some items in [Discover] that had already been displayed are displayed again.
- Activities created during use of the 5.00 beta and some settings are stored on the PlayStation Network server. Notifications related to these activities and settings might be sent even after downgrading to the official release.
- After downgrading from the system software beta, some games will not work correctly. If you encounter this issue, delete the game, and then install it again.
Service and repairs while using the 5.00 beta
- If your PS4 is in need of service, downgrade it to the latest official release of the system software before requesting service.
- If you are unable to downgrade your PS4 to the latest official release of the system software and you request service, your PS4 might be downgraded to the latest official release during the servicing process.
Blu-ray Disc™ is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify Ltd.
Twitch is a trademark or registered trademark of Twitch.
Want more articles like this? Become a subscriber and support the site! Or you can always donate a little something on the right-hand side.
—The Trying Scotsman has a ‘Don’t Be A Dick’ policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Latest posts by Craig Stewart (see all)
- The Noodles Community Challenge - August 6, 2020
- Squatter’s Rights - August 1, 2020
- 🎮 [18+] [PS4] [EUR] Cuphead 🎮 FOLLOWER GOAL: 1020/1500 | SUB GOAL: 30/50 #RazerStreamer - July 31, 2020